Thursday, December 1, 2016

fall candles

 Bath and Bodyworks candles

It might be close to winter now.. Especially not that it's December 1st. But this one fall post needs to be on my blog. I have watched countless Youtubers rave about the Bath & Body Works fall candles for years and years and now I finally got my hands on them. I took advantage of my family from the US visiting in October. I know they always have some spare room in their luggage on their way to Austria so I filled up that space with candles. The pure joy I felt when my aunt handed me a box of fall greatness is hard to put into words. Let's see what I got and how I liked it. Afterall it is hard to decide on a scent online.

Bath and Bodyworks candles

Leaves

The – I believe – most raved about of them all. People are stocking up on this one every year and I would too if I could. Crisp red apple, golden nectar, warm clove spice. Yes, yes and yes please! I love it! Looooove it! It smells like you are wrapped in a blanked, reading a book, enjoying warm apple cider while  the snow if falling outside.

Bath and Bodyworks candles

Sweater Weather

Talking about being wrapped in a blanked on a perfect winter day.. This is what the smoking hot man right next to you smells like. Cuddle into him and just enjoy his presence. Honestly I don’t detect any fresh sage, juniper berry, aromatic eucalyptus or fresh woods. All I smell is hot male.

Bath and Bodyworks candles

Autumn

Bright red apple, cedarwood and notes of fir blossom. I do get the apple but not as strong as in the Leaves candle. It smells more like taking a walk through the woods on a beautiful fall day eating an apple rather than drinking apple cider. Does that make any sense? No? Well that's what it smells like to me.

Bath and Bodyworks candles

Caramel Pumpkin Swirl

You know how smells can take you places? This one takes me to my US family in NY. I don’t know what it is but I feel like they could walk through the door when I smell this candle. It is the perfect mix of caramel and pumpkin, sweet but not too sweet.

Bath and Bodyworks candles

Pumpkin Apple

Usually I am not the biggest fan of things with a pumpkin scent but I couldn't resist it. The little squirrel is just too cute and it also smells great. The apple takes away some of the pumpkin-ness. For me a hint of cinnamon would make it absolutely perfect.

Bath and Bodyworks candles

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles

Oh my! WOW! This is the embodiment of sickening sweet. I tried my best to stay away from things like marshmallow or vanilla and it didn't say any of it on the description. Pecan waffles sounded like winter breakfast to me. It sounded like I would want to eat it: maple syrup, golden waffles, pumpkin spice, brown sugar. Well I was wrong. I don't want to eat it and i am not even sure if I want to burn it. Maybe for a very short time in a very large room. I was hoping for something like the pain au raisin Yankee Candle and got deadly sweet suffocation. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment